Chennai formerly known as Madras is the capital city of Tamil Nadu is a popular tourist destination in India. This is because it has ancient temples, beautiful beaches, and other attractions. The city is also one of the metropolitan cities in India that invite large number of visitors including foreign nationals every year. There are many places to explore in the city and new visitors can know about them from various sources.
Tourists who visit the city for the first time should check the availability of hotels for making a fine trip. The hotels in Chennai provide modern amenities for guests when they want to plan a trip with family and others. They even provide ways to experience the world-class accommodation while making a trip to the city. At the same time, it is necessary to check the availability of rooms in hotels before planning a tour.
What are the important places to visit in Chennai?
Marina Beach is one of the most visited places in Chennai because it has the longest coastal line. It is also the second largest beach in the world that attracts a lot of visitors. The beach has mainly sandy terrain and tourists can take a walk in the evening to enjoy the cool breeze of the sea. There are many shops which sell a lot of local foods for visitors. On the other hand, it is advisable not to swim in the sea because it may lead to drowning,
Government Museum located in Egmore; Chennai is one of the most visited places because it has a collection of Raja Ravi Varma works and other works. In fact, it is the second oldest museum in India next to Indian museum in Kolkata. Built in Indo-Saracenic style, it houses the richest collection of bronze idols. People who make a trip to the museum can also visit the Connemara Library which is one of the oldest ones in the country located inside the complex. The library maintains a collection of ancient books and other books allowing visitors to know about them in detail.
Arignar Anna Zoological Park
Arignar Anna Zoological Park is a perfect weekend spot for those who want to spend quality time with their family and children. It is one of the largest zoos in South East Asia that covers a collection of exotic and endemic animals in an area of 1260 acres. Tourists can even pick a safari for spotting animals with ease. The zoo houses more than 138 different species of organisms that fulfil the expectations of wildlife lovers. Some other features available in the zoo include elephant ride, children’s park, and an education center.
Ashtalakshmi Temple located in Elliot’s beach, Beasant Nagar is one of must-see places in Chennai because it has the idols of eight avatars of Goddess Lakshmi. There is a belief that the Goddess Lakhsmi will grant success, eightfold achievements and prosperity for devotees who offer prayers in this temple. Apart from that, the architecture of the temple is unique,and the deities have four levels.
Dakshinachitra Museum is a must-see place in Chennai because it has a collection of crafts, arts, architecture, and other things. The primary objective of the museum is to promote South Indian cultures to visitors by making them more enjoyable. Another thing is so that the museum provides ways to have an in-depth knowledge of south Indian heritage.
Travel tips to Chennai
- Chennai has metro lines, suburban trains, and local buses allowing tourists to reach important destinations with ease.
- The tap water is not good for health in Chennai and tourists should consider taking bottled water while traveling to various places.
- Although Tamil is the most spoken language in Chennai, many people understand English and they will guide visitors when they need help.
- It is advisable for tourists to take care of their personal things such as wallet, mobile phones, and jewellery wear when traveling in crowded places.
- Foreign tourists should carry a copy of important documents for security checks and verification purposes in different places.
- Visitors should follow the local custom and culture while visiting religious places such as temple, church, and mosque.
- Chennai has only limited nightlife and visitors should know the rules followed by the pubs in detail before making a visit.
- The city mostly experiences hot climate throughout a year and the best time to visit the city is from December from March.
- Tourists should pack clothes and other accessories based on the season that will help to make a fine trip.
- Visitors should avoid traveling in remote places during the late night for preventing burglary, thefts, and other problems to a large extent.
- Tourists should consider renting Ola, Uber, and other taxi services instead of autos because they will charge high amounts. They can even book them in advance by using apps.
- Chennai is home to leading shopping malls and visitors can buy a variety of items at affordable rates.
- There are several restaurants which offer a variety of dishes for tourists enabling them to get a fine dining experience.
- Visitors should avoid carrying large amount of cash while traveling to important places in the city to avoid loss of money.
How to book hotels in Chennai?
The Best and affordable hotels in Chennai offer different types of accommodation for tourists and they can choose the right one after making a complete research. It is possible to book them online at affordable rates while planning a trip to the city. However, tourists should know the details of hotels from different websites for making a better decision. A hotel website will assist customers to book a hotel which fit their bills and needs. One can even compare the prices of hotels online for selecting them with options. Most hotels offer huge discounts during festival seasons allowing customers to book them at lower prices to save money.