This fascinating waterfall is in Ananthagiri which is 3100 feet above sea level.
The Thatiguda Waterfalls is fast emerging as a must see tourist destination in the district. Situated on the Gosthani river,
the waterfalls has towering rocks on the one side and lush green fields on the other side.
The water gushes down in several steps making it a wonderful sight to behold and this is a perennial waterfall.
PLACES TO VISIT
2. and is now popular as a tourist destination. The place is 42 kms. from Ananthagiri.
3. The tribes that live in this place are Bonda, Marris, Muriya and Gonda.
4. They wear colourful costumes and it is interesting to study their way of life.
5. Apart from that the highest peak is 1700 metres high above sea level and the view of the surroundings is magnificent.
6. There is a Tribal Museum worth visiting.
7. Borra Caves: About 34 kms. from Araku , these caves are located at an altitude of 722 metres.
8. These stalactite caves are more than a million years old. The caves were discovered by a British employee of the Geological Survey of India,
9. William King George, in 1807. There are engravings of many Hindu gods on the walls of the cave. Mythology states that Ram,
10. Laxman and Sita had spent a few days in these caves during the period of their exile.
11. Chaparai: This place is 15 kms. from Araku. It is a picnic spot with a stream where visitors can dip in to.
12. Padmapuram: There is a Botanical Park with a lot of exotic flowers and a variety of rose collection.
13. The park was used to sustain the soldiers during the Second World War, where vegetables were sourced from.
14. It is open from 8.00am to 12.30 pm and then from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
15. Ananthagiri: this is another beautiful place to unwind. The place is situated on the Eastern Ghats and close to the borders with Odisha. Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation has a hotel in this place.
The falls is about 110 kms. from Visakhapatnam which has the nearest airport. The nearest town is Ananthagiri which is a one kilometer walk from the falls.
Araku Valley has a railway station and there are buses that ply up to Ananthagiri.
WHEN TO GO
around 450C. The ideal month to visit will be from August till December. The monsoons arrive in June and will be present till September.
in the town. Since there are not many hotels save for the retiring rooms in the railway station, it will be better to hire a vehicle from Visakhapatnam
to visit Borra Caves and Araku valley apart from some of the other places nearby. There are a lot of hotels that will suit everyone’s budget in Visakhapatnam.
2. Do not enter the stream as the current will be strong
3. Visitors to the waterfalls are advised that the trek to the waterfall is a bit strenuous and is not recommended for the elderly
4. who are ailing
5. Do not litter the area around the waterfall.
Ranajilleda is a small Village/hamlet in Araku Valley Mandal in Visakhapatanam District of Andhra Pradesh State, India. It comes under Ranajilleda Panchayath. It belongs to Andhra region . It is located 96 KM towards North from District head quarters Vishakhapatnam. 10 KM from Araku Valley. 559 KM from State capital Hyderabad
Ranajilleda Pin code is 531151 and postal head office is Araku Rs .
Chinalabudu ( 5 KM ) , Kollaputtu ( 6 KM ) , Sagara ( 7 KM ) , Gasaba ( 7 KM ) , Chompi ( 8 KM ) are the nearby Villages to Ranajilleda. Ranajilleda is surrounded by Dumbriguda Mandal towards west , Pottangi Mandal towards North , Nandapur Mandal towards west , Ananthagiri Mandal towards South .
Salur , Sunabeda , Bobbili , Koraput are the near by Cities to Ranajilleda.
This Place is in the border of the Visakhapatanam District and Koraput District. Koraput District Semiliguda is North towards this place . It is near to the Odisha State Border.
Ranajilleda 2011 Census Details
Ranajilleda Local Language is Telugu. Ranajilleda Village Total population is 506 and number of houses are 118. Female Population is 50.4%. Village literacy rate is 31.0% and the Female Literacy rate is 9.7%.
|Census Parameter||Census Data|
|Total No of Houses||118|
|Female Population %||50.4 % ( 255)|
|Total Literacy rate %||31.0 % ( 157)|
|Female Literacy rate||9.7 % ( 49)|
|Scheduled Tribes Population %||98.4 % ( 498)|
|Scheduled Caste Population %||0.0 % ( 0)|
|Working Population %||53.6 %|
|Child(0 -6) Population by 2011||83|
|Girl Child(0 -6) Population % by 2011||43.4 % ( 36)|
Ranajilleda Census More Deatils.
Politics in Ranajilleda
TDP , YSRC , Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party , PRAP , YSRCP , INC are the major political parties in this area.
Polling Stations /Booths near Ranajilleda
HOW TO REACH Ranajilleda
Visakhapatnam is the Nearest Town to Ranajilleda. Visakhapatnam is 120 km from Ranajilleda. Road connectivity is there from Visakhapatnam to Ranajilleda.
Araku Rail Way Station , Gorapur Rail Way Station are the very nearby railway stations to Ranajilleda. Also you can consider railway Stations from Near By town Visakhapatnam. Marripalem Rail Way Station , Kottapalem Rail Way Station are the railway Stations near to Visakhapatnam. You can reach from Visakhapatnam to Ranajilleda by road after .
Arakuvalley APSRTC Bus Station , Araku APSRTC Bus Station , Borra Caves APSRTC Bus Station are the nearby by Bus Stations to Ranajilleda .APSRTC runs Number of busses from major cities to here.